The Point Breeze CDC, Travis Manion Foundation, East Point Breeze Neighbors, 17th Police District Advisory Council, Point Breeze Tree Tenders, West Passyunk Neighbors, Newbold CDC, South Broad Street Neighborhood Association, Neighbors Investing in Childs Elementary, Neighbors In Action, Miriam Medical Clinics- South Philadelphia Community Health Clinic, Tasker Street Missionary Baptist Church, Community Garden at Ralph Brooks Park and a dozen other community organizations are partnering up for our Point Breeze Spring Day of Service on 4/21/18.
Travis Manion Foundation will be hosting volunteers from at least four local high schools, community groups and a few local military units in Point Breeze, for an day of service for TMF's bi-annual Operation Legacy, a service project dedicated to fallen Philly hero, Army Surgeon Dr. John Pryor. Our high school students, parents, coaches, and military servicemembers are ready and willing to partner up for tree planting, spring clean-ups, alley clean-ups, community gardening, and any other projects you can think of
We'll meet up at Chew Rec Center at 7:30am.
Community group wishing to pick up volunteers, please email: PointBreeze.DayofService@gmail.com
Please include the details of your proposed project to include:
1) Scope of work (what are you doing)
2) How many volunteers are you asking for?
3) Is there a public bathroom nearby that volunteers can use?
4) Do you have all required tools/trash bags?
5) What is your plan for trash pickup? (There are too many small projects on this day for us to reliably coordinating bulk trash pickup across South Philly, please call ahead/place a 311 request for your individual project's trash pickup)
All projects must be walking distance from Chew Park.
You'll pick up your volunteers at 7:30am in Chew Park, and will return them by 12pm.
Coffee and refreshments will be provided at Chew Park at 7am.
Please register here! Register early to guarantee a tshirt: